The Artists' Guild of Anna Maria Island, a non profit organization, was formed in
1989 with Genevieve Alban as its founding President. The goal was to promote and support creative
processes by bringing together all Artists - visual and performing and writers – to share experiences, expertise and work together to develop and promote the artistic community on the island. They held the first weekend art festival on Anna Maria Island that fall.
In February 1990 The Artists' Guild Gallery was opened in Holmes Beach to display the work of member artists. Today members continue to volunteer to work at the Gallery. In the winter season, demonstrations are presented and member Artists' are featured monthly in an Art Opening Reception. The public is invited to attend all functions which are free.
The Artists' Guild of Anna Maria Island, as part of its non profit organization mission, continues to
educate, promote and encourage artistic endeavors.
First Vice President:
Second Vice President:
Join The Artists' Guild of Anna Maria Island
and “get involved in the fun!”
- Attend monthly meetings for fellowship and information
- Arts supporters mingle with the Artists
- Meet and get to know local Artists
- Provides a form for exchange of creative ideas and information
- Support local arts education in the schools
- Discover interest groups that paint together
inside and "plein aire."
- Promote The Artists' Guild Gallery that offers opportunities for local Artists to display and sell.
- Volunteer at The Artists' Guild Gallery - greet people from all over
- Become a displaying artist.
- Participate in other shows and exhibits through the organization.
- Become part of the Anna Maria Island arts community
Meet local Artists!
Shop at the Artists'
Fine art & fine crafts are
available at reasonable prices.
- Original fine art: acrylic, oil,
watercolor, silk painting,
pastels & mixed media
- Pottery and sculpture
- Local writers’ books
- Unique jewelry
- Greeting cards and prints
- Prints of popular Anna Maria Island seascapes, destinations
- ...and more!
The Purpose of this organization is to educate, promote and encourage artistic endeavor. This is to be accomplished by:
- Bringing together people interested in all phases of the artistic field to learn through
classes, demonstrations and lectures.
- Recognizing talent and educational endeavor.
- Fostering interest in the works of local artists.
- Providing for the exchange of artistic ideas and information among artists.
- Arranging exhibits, shows, and other means to further the purpose of local artists.
- Providing a gallery to exhibit the work of local artists.
- Encouraging the support of friends and patrons.